Second Strategic Plan laid at the Scottish Parliament
The Scottish Human Rights Commission has published its second Strategic Plan, which sets out five Strategic Priorities for 2012 - 2016.
The second Strategic Plan, which has been laid at the Scottish Parliament, describes the activities the Commission will undertake in the next four years.
The five Strategic Priorities the Commission will work to are:
- Empowering people to realise their rights through promoting greater awareness and respect for human rights.
- Supporting the implementation of human rights in practice.
- Improving human rights protection in Scotland through influencing law and policy.
- Progressing the realisation of human rights of people in Scotland and beyond through further developing our international role.
- Ensuring the Commission is effective, efficient, professional and accountable.
Read the second Strategic Plan in PDF format.
Read the second Strategic Plan in plain text Word format.
In Annex 2 of the second Strategic Plan the Commission highlights the achievements it has made under the first Strategic Plan, 2008 - 2012. You can also read the first Strategic Plan, 2008 - 2012, here.