Human Rights and COVID-19
29 April 2020
The Commission and the Health and Social Care Alliance Scotland (the ALLIANCE) call for a human rights based approach to budget setting and spending decisions following the coronavirus pandemic.
- Article: New report leads to call for human rights to be at the heart of post-COVID budget decisions, to ensure social and economic recovery
29 May 2020
- Submission to Scottish Parliament Finance Committee Inquiry: Impact of COVID-19 on public finances and Fiscal Framework
1 June 2020
- Submission to Advisory Group on Economic Recovery: Human Rights and Economic Recovery
24 June 2020
- Letter to Cabinet Secretary for Finance, Economy and Fair Work, Kate Forbes MSP in response to written questions by Alex Cole-Hamilton MSP and to highlight key recommendations on fiscal transparency
5 August 2020
- Evidence on pre-budget scrutiny and the impact of COVID-19 to the Scottish Parliament's Finance and Constitution Committee
17 August 2020:
- Submission to the Environment, Climate Change and Land Reform Committee on Green recovery with a focus on the impact of COVID-19.
Resources and rights are inextricably linked. It is vital therefore that decisions about economic recovery from COVID-19 are informed by and rooted in a comprehensive and robust rights-based analysis.